Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:17:13 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Belt Tension

Started by go_hercules, May 14, 2012, 10:12:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go_hercules

I am trying to get a feel for adjusting the belt tension on my Consew 206.  Is there a certain deflection I am looking for in the middle or what?  It's probably not that critical but I would like to do it right.  Thanks.

lamx

The 206rb instruction manual says there should be a deflection of 10-12mm when depressed by finger.

Ed

sofadoc

It's not all that critical. If the belt slips, tighten it a little.
Some people that are having trouble adjusting to the speed have better luck if the belt is a little loose.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

I checked the belt tension on a Volkswagen Beetle that I had many years ago. I forgot to turn the motor off. Fortunately I pushed on the belt with my foot, which had a shoe on it. The belt wore right through the sole. I was able to stop before it got to my foot. Sometimes stupid is as stupid does.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Bob T

I set my belt loose so it acts like a clutch to prevent damage to my machine should I have a needle strike the throat plate.  Seems to be working.  I've broken a few needles, but knock wood, I've never knocked my current machines out of time in nearly 10 years.