Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 01:13:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hurricane deck boats

Started by Mike, April 30, 2012, 10:53:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Dont you just hate them with the flimsy curved backer. Oard there pronly 1/4" think to save time i like to cut the. Intl
Off close totue staples
Rather then  lill each one on a cheap job then i grt all the stalles sticking in about 1/8" and  cut  up my knuckles
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/f16cca53.jpg

sunshine_n_pc

Mike - i have a Hurricane - same seats but different layout....last year, I started recovering seats with some cheap vinyl just to see if I could do it, did a couple of the worse ones and was pleased, so I decided to wait and get some good vinyl and do the whole boat.  Got sick, had surgery, upholstery got put on hold.  I did one of the curved backs.  It was a booger. I ended up building a jig to hold it in place while I stapled skins on.  I had a hard time getting in about the right place. 

How did you do thes dealing with the flimsy back and curves?...they look great.  How much vinyl did you use?

Mike

April 30, 2012, 02:38:17 pm #2 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:22:04 pm by Mike
Yardage i started with leftover from a job last week and did the capt seat i probly had 2 yards then i ordered ten more and didnt ise it all. About 8 of it   The boat was capt seat 2 curved rear backs making sn L 3 L bottoms. And bow two full U shaped  urved back and two  bottoms. I cut the old skins off and got patterns from them Then when i stapled on the
New  i lighned  the new seams up with the old ones and  Pulled as needed  with the old staples still in sticking through the thin plastic is why i get cut.

Peppy

QuoteI cut the old skins off and vot patterns from the. Then when i stalle i lign the new seams up with the old ones and  as needed

Nice! I like that method, I'll remember it. You'll turn me into the laziest upholsterer ever!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠