Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 11:56:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Canvas Tops & Snow

Started by regalman190, April 23, 2012, 06:36:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Well.....just finished calling all my clients who put their boats in the water to tell them to keep the snow off the new tops. Yep, 2 inches and counting. Forecast is wet snow for the next few days and if it builds up on all these new tops, they will be sagging and ruined.
Welcome to Western NY!!!!
Regal Canvas

Mike

Now why did i move again?? 

Ohya. Snow wet snow:(

bobbin

It was all rain here, but when I heard that NY and more inland areas to the south were facing snow I immediately wondered about canvas!  This sort of late storm has disaster written all over it... my sympathies.  (ask me how I know).

Mike

I once was a guy hehad a 20ish bayliner ciera , MID 80S  wit thoose weak flimsy window frames well he was using his cockpit cover for the winter on a trailor and had a good 10" of heavy wet snow ne night and cracked the glass   :P

regalman190

Snow came down pretty good today. Now it's raining. Forecast is rain and snow for the next few days. Wish I was down in Florida.
Regal Canvas

Mike

Regal ive lost all track of time latly i think of something and rember i did that job before my strike  on 10/10 or somthing that happened adter.  We got two seasons rainey and dry but the rainy seaon in summer is nice i enjoy a afternoon  downpour to cool it off.

bobbin

There was one notorious spring (the year I've forgotten) when we busted ass to get a deck canopy up for a restaurant that was "pushing" the season.  We advised against it, but they were insistant and the canopy and curtains went up.  Fully warned!  Yup, heavy driving rain followed by a dropping cold front... result? about 10" of heavy "mashed potato" snow. 

Result? pretzilled steel, canvas torn along most seams, and curtains that required major zipper replacement.  It wasn't pretty.  And it made for a few very long weeks.  April is not "spring" in New England.