Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 02:31:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The Issac Singer Story

Started by Mojo, April 20, 2012, 02:39:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Bob Kovar e-mailed this to me and I found it quite interesting so I thought I would share it. It seems the early machine inventors made more money suing off patents then they did off selling machines. :)

I found it ironic they were cloning machines back then. Some of the manufacturers would make machines and for a fee put another companies name on them.

It is a great read and after I finished the story I came to the conclusion that Issac Singer was a male slut. ( And I thought I was bad in my younger years ). Yikes. This guy had 24 kids from countless women. Those are just the ones he knew about. he probably had another 100 or so running around.

It was an interesting story and obviously this guy made untold millions off the Singer name. I didn't know that none of the original Singers or their families had anything to do with the company after the late 1800's.

Here is the Singer Story:

http://www.sewalot.com/singer_history.htm

Chris

gene

Thanks for the link, Mojo. I bookmarked it. That entire web site looks like you can spend a lot of time on it. Which I will eventually.

gene

Also, we were talking about protecting info and pics on our web sites. Notice the watermark on the pics? Right click to save text or a pic and see what pops up.

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

April 21, 2012, 05:57:29 am #2 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:04:33 am by kodydog
Thanks Bob and Mojo. This story shows how anyone, even an uneducated rogue can become wealthy in this country. If their willing to put in the time.  He lived the American dream, a true rags to riches story.

Quote from: gene on April 20, 2012, 03:10:18 pm
Also, we were talking about protecting info and pics on our web sites. Notice the watermark on the pics? Right click to save text or a pic and see what pops up.

I couldn't even highlight and copy part of it. The whole article is copyrighted.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html