Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 12:59:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

DLT Upholstery Supply featured on TV!

Started by ahkahn, April 06, 2012, 07:56:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ahkahn

Hi guys,

DLT Upholstery Supply will be featured in the upcoming episode of Motorhead Garage w/Sam & Dave this Sunday at 11:30am Eastern on Fox Sports Net!!   Yours truly will be interviewed by the host, Dave. 

Tune in and watch my nerves get the best of me!

Take care,
Andrew

kodydog

That's fantastic Andrew. Makes me wish I had cable. Any chance of getting that onto youtube.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Just set my DVR to tape it.

Will give you my critique afterwards.............. :P............. ;D

Chris

gene

April 06, 2012, 01:43:08 pm #3 Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:44:12 pm by gene
I don't have cable TV either. It's not because I can't afford it. But rather I just don't want to pay for 500 mediocre entertainment choices.

I do wish you the best of luck, Andrew.

kodydog: If Andrew freaks out, goes nuts, or some such such aberrant behavior, then it most certainly find it's way to youtube. Let's keep our fingers crossed.  ;D

I'm looking forward to Mojo's critique. LOL

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I've got the 500 mediocre channels, but I've never heard of Motorhead Garage W/Sam & Dave.

It's funny how when we were kids, we only had 3 or 4 channels to choose from, and we always found somehing to watch.
Now, I got a million channels, and I end up on TV Land watching the same shows that I watched when I only had 3 or 4 channels!
Sorry Andrew, but gimme Barney Fife over Sam & Dave  :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

ahkahn

Thanks, guys.  I promise, I don't freak out... too bad. :)

Yeah, Sofadoc, I agree with you 100%...  I flip and flip and still can't find anything.

-Andrew

Mike

is there even tv anumore without cabe sat?

JuneC

About a year ago we got totally tired of "there's nothing on TV" in spite of 150+ satellite channels and $80/month bills.  So... we turned it off.  Now it's Netflix and Hulu over the Internet via a PS2 to the TV - $10 a month and EVERYTHING's on demand.  Love it  8)

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Andrew:

You did a great job. I did watch the show and thought you represented your company very well. I use to work with clients from business owners to race car drivers and teach them how to handle media interviews. You did very well.

No offense but I preferred looking at the lady from Jet Hot versus you. Lets just say she was.......ummmm..HOT. :)

I used to do a one hour talk show every week in Michigan which covered NASCAR. I did do a few TV shows but always said I had a face for radio. :) As compared to the Jet Hot lady I think you may fall into that same classification. What a tough act to follow. :).................lol

Chris

ahkahn

Haha... Thanks, Mojo!  I've been told by a bunch of people that I have the perfect face for radio...  I wanted to put my wife Julie up to it, but [for the first time ever] she told me that I was the boss.  And yes, the Jet Hot lady was good for ratings :)

-Andrew

sofadoc

I DVR'd it this morning, and just played it back a few minutes ago. I was FFing through it to get to the part with Andrew. I almost missed him because I was looking for a guy in a diamond studded suit. :D

Nice job, Andrew. But next time remember to mention the people here who made you so rich. ;)

Quote from: JuneC on April 06, 2012, 06:11:01 pm
About a year ago we got totally tired of "there's nothing on TV" in spite of 150+ satellite channels and $80/month bills.  So... we turned it off.  Now it's Netflix and Hulu over the Internet via a PS2 to the TV - $10 a month and EVERYTHING's on demand.  Love it
More and more people are going that route. If it weren't for live sports, I'd probably cut the cable myself.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

I had to laugh Andrew when you talked about the DIY guy. I think I even choked on my diet coke when you said " Just try it. If you mess it up take it to a trimmer and he will be glad to fix it for you ". LMAO........

That was classic. Little does the DIY'er know trimmers charge extra for having to undo the DIY'ers screw ups. :)

Still it was a good interview.

Chris

ahkahn

Mojo,

Yeah, I knew that but they don't...  I figured I'd try to help earn you guys a few extra dollars!  Actually, they told me that this show gears towards to the DIY'er, so they wanted me to answer questions as if I was talking to a DIY'er. 

It takes me back to my old career of being a "computer guy".  I would see these computer systems and networks that people would rig up [edit: screw up] and they'd call me in to "fix" their mistakes.  It was always a complete train wreck, but I never complained about the labor charges to fix it.

-Andrew

baileyuph

Andrew, in the past I had communication with your father and am wondering where and what he is doing?  I knew him when he was with Endurotex.

Glad your presentation went well.

Doyle

kodydog

Quote from: MikeM8560 on April 06, 2012, 05:40:44 pm
is there even tv anumore without cabe sat?

I have a 40 ' antenna tower. And it has a rotator and amplifier. When the gov. forced the networks to go digital only I used my Gov supplied voucher to get a digital to analog box. The cool thing is this doubled my reliable list of stations from 3 to 6. And on some really clear winter nights I can pick up 60 channels using the auto tuning option on the box. I can pick up channels in Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Orlando and one night I watched Tampa most of the night, nearly 200 miles away.

With all this I rarely watch any broadcast TV. Can't remember the last time I did. But I have a standing date with my wife. Friday nights, Pizza and a Netflix movie. I'm such a cheep date.  :D
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html