Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:42:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Report On Recent Rally

Started by Mojo, March 30, 2012, 05:01:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I went up to Bushnell for a few days and did two more seminars for the Holiday Rambler members at their spring picnic. It was a decent sized rally - about 90 coaches. I also did two seminars while there and then staffed a vendors booth for a day. It was a good rally for me as I got a full order for slide toppers from my free inspections.

But what surprised me was that I sold so many little things like mirror covers, windshield wiper covers, ladder buddies, etc. These things paid for all my expenses for the rally including fuel for my coach.

What I am doing in Indiana is that I am going to make more of these products to sell and am also going to order two cases of Aerospace 303 products to sell there ( fabric guard and the original 303 ).

I think though that what made me feel so good was when two of the association honchos came up and thanked me and told me " you have an awesome reputation. Your reputation among all the members is rock solid and we want to thank you for taking such good care of all of them. " That made me feel good because to be honest I have busted my ass and went overboard on building a reputation of 1st class service and exceptional quality but I wondered - How Am I Doing ? . I guess just to hear that your accomplishing your goals is a good thing. I am always doubting myself and wondering - " am I doing everything I can ? Am I building a good name ? ".

I have a month of shop time before hitting the road to Indiana and am going to enjoy it. Just wanted to give this report. :)

Chris

Mike

March 30, 2012, 05:26:28 am #1 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:47:48 pm by MikeM8560
Thats cool. Chris.
I can see the wilers and ladder  being general size. BUt what about the mirror covers i see sll sizes  big  and tall   One size fits all?

Typos edit

kodydog

Way to go Chris.

Sounds like you got your Mojo working.

Good luck in Indiana.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Mike:

My mirror covers come in 3 different sizes - small, medium and x large. The extra large is for the mirrors that have cameras mounted on the bottoms of them.

I use a marine vinyl ( I forgot the name now ) that I get from Miami and then I sew a liner inside it. This liner is the car cover material that resists mildew and scratches. Once I get started I can sew them pretty quick.

My ladder buddies I make all out of my throw away scraps of textilene. I was surprised to see they were such a hit as I sold out of them. They have one large pocket, one medium sized pocket and then numerous pockets for small tools, etc. The top wraps around the rung of a ladder and then folds back over and close onto 2 inch commercial velcro. They work awesome.

The windshield wiper covers protect the wipers from UV rays and degradation. They also are made up from scrap textilene I have around the shop. They slip over the wiper and then close over on one end.

I will post some pictures of these things if I have any.

I had numerous requests for fabric or vinyl remote control holders they can lay over the arm of a couch or seat and will explore making those as well for this next rally.

Chris

Mojo

Mike

March 30, 2012, 12:53:16 pm #5 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:55:17 pm by MikeM8560
Before i moved and had my win ibeagl i saw theeee covers tetaline like a window  cover they also had mirrors and sipers and tired cover in the same. On e i saw a guy driving his toad that advertised his custom cover buisness making theese.  Your competion i gueese  
Have you ever seen miami outdura trio ? Acrylic looks like sunbrella outside. Ut has a soft almost flannel like liner? Bresthable tok might. Ake good mirror cover option and a soft liner in one step
Less sewing

Mojo

I will have to check my book on the Outdura Trio. is that the real expensive stuff ?

Chris

Mike

Yes but maybe its comparable to you covers witha liner material wise  it would have to be faster i would think