Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 11:16:01 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

First day on planet Earth?

Started by sofadoc, March 28, 2012, 03:28:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I had a lady call today wanting me to fix a couple of La-Z-Boy recliners. One needed seat work, the other only needed a rocker spring. When I told her the price, she said "Wait a minute! I thought they were guaranteed for life!"
I replied "Not by ME they're not".
She asked "What do you mean by that?"
I said "I mean that since I did NOT manufacture, or sell the recliner, it isn't guaranteed by me".
She then said "Well, that doesn't sound like a very good way to run your business!", and hung up.

HUH?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

lc

Well don't that just put you in stitches !!!
I think thats the best story I ever heard...some peoples mind-sets are pretty off the deep-end sometimes..lol

Joys Shop

Besides that

"Life" is only 5 years!

fingers

Sofa, you sure this ain't just a creative writing depository for you?

sofadoc

Quote from: fingers on March 28, 2012, 03:50:15 pm
Sofa, you sure this ain't just a creative writing depository for you?
It DOES sound "made up" doesn't it? :D

gene

Texas. Enough said.

But then, Ohio is the only state who has had a convicted criminal serve as governor. Robert Taft.

With the megamillions up to 1/2 billion, I was reading an article about what to do if you win. It said that there are people who make their living off of going after lottery winners and scamming them.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I never play the lottery. But this jackpot has piqued my interest. I just might have to buy a ticket, or two.
The way I figure, if I win half a bill, and get scammed out of half of that, I still got a quarter bill left.

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Bob T

It very well could be from Texas.  Since daylight savings time kicked in, the extra hour of sunlight is burning up our lawns and it's making us crazy!

scottymc

Sure that wasn't Bart Simpson on the other end of the line.

gene

Scottymc,

My niece is very good at Trivial Pursuit, Cranium, and other trivia type games. She literally knows so many of the answers from having watched the Simpsons and The Family Guy, many, many, many times over.

If she knows who wrote "War and Peace", it's because that book was made fun of on one of these shows, not because she read it.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

March 29, 2012, 02:24:41 pm #11 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:02:44 am by byhammerandhand
On a similar vein, I just got a call from a lady who had a recliner whose cable release broke.  She got my name from the company that underwrites the protection plan on these.   She was shocked when I told her what a service call and parts would be.  Now she lives across town (and I'm talking 35 minutes one-way, not three miles).   It might take two trips and quite a bit of time to find the part and get it ordered if it's not a style I have in stock.   She proceeds to go on about how she thought it should be covered by the manufacturer, or the third party protection plan company, how it was not that old, and on and on.  I'm sympathetic, but I got no skin in this game.  Yes? No? Next!
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Speaking of recliner release cables, my offer of 6 GBP was accepted on this item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-RECLINER-SOFA-RELEASE-CABLES-UPHOLSTERY-SUPPLIES?item=160640059179&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7351448711763704757

The total for 2 cables (shipping included) was $11.49 USD.