Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 09:23:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

DeckboAt balancing act

Started by Mike, March 29, 2012, 10:48:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I mentioned the ballancing act scooting slong the bost lift yesterday.well here is the outcome

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/covers/c79ff1fb.jpg

timtheboatguy

Nice work Mike! Any sore muscles today from the balancing act?
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Mike

March 30, 2012, 10:42:35 am #2 Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:26:06 am by MikeM8560
Tim i had to sit on the beam with the  boat up hight next to me.  Eith s bigger  ist you geberaly have a little footholnd to help like s cuddy cabin to get out to the bow but this. Ost i had no place  for my feel  so you worry about falling between the bost and lift

DBR1957

And you only charged $875? That's a $1,500 cover to me plus extra for
working on the lift.

A little sad story about those working conditions.

A canvas man in our area passed away a couple of years ago when he tripped
on a boat, hit his head on the way down and drowned.

I hope you wore a PFD while doing this and informed someone of your working
location and ETA's.

Mike

Good point doyle with the pfd.
Bur i wasnt  alone the owner as i had said watching .  As far as cost  i never  said the proce i like mojo dont like to talk costs on a open forum

DBR1957

Glad the owner was with you. I was thinking about your "Pricing"
thread. My bad, on a lift but different boat.

"I called to check on a quote I gave about 3 weeks ago now

It was a duel console sea hunt open bow no snaps in boat.
I  figured 14 yards work to be done on a lift swinging
I quoted $875.  I was told they went with a much lower price and the job is done.
I called on a different quote a lace on top and a fly back  less yards a $1000
The guy said everybody else  was too busy and I have to go sign the job perhap the other one found a hungry can as guy who did it for cheap right away to have somtjing to do.
I don't think I was out of line I did other covers now for 800 no balk at all sign rite up"

Mojo

Looking at that picture makes me feel good about my choice of not doing marine work. :) Some of the places you marine guys and gals have to go to pattern and install is terrible.

I thought I had it bad climbing a ladder to the top of a coach to get measurements. That is nothing compared to balancing on a dock, boat or whatever with water underneath you.

Awesome job Mike, but then all your work is awesome. :)

Chris