Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 12:32:56 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Another DIY Upholstery Disaster

Started by TheHogRing, March 13, 2012, 11:55:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

Every now and then we like to share with our readers a DIY project gone horribly wrong. Why? Because it's funny.

Meet Tom Monroe, the brains behind the mousepad motorcycle seat. This Jack-of-all-trades published an unintentionally funny article on how he foamed a motorcycle seat pan using none other than his computer mousepad.

Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/853xnpz

kodydog

Funny how when a DIY'er does it its good enough but if a pro did it, it would be unacceptable.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Grebo

Well,  I think you are being very un fair.
I  took the time to have a look & IMOP the finished article is pretty darn good for a DIY job.  :P

It's not the duck tape model you are inferring.

Suzi

TheHogRing

I don't think it's unfair at all.

The DIY-er used a mouse pad to cushion the seat, used duct tape to hold down the pad, hammered in his staples, and left the cover on too loosely.

If that's "pretty darn good", I'd hate to see his pretty darn bad.

Grebo

TheHogRing

March 15, 2012, 07:16:22 am #5 Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:41:21 pm by TheHogRing
You can see the edges of the pads sticking through the cover... and there's still a mouse pad in there.

By this logic, it would be okay to stuff a couch cushion full of marshmallows so long it looked somewhat okay from the outside.

scarab29

It may look good from far but it's far from good !! 8)
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.