Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 02:31:16 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

t tops

Started by Mike, March 15, 2012, 01:23:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

i just saew this new colum on a boating forum a canvas sop on the east coast of FL . For shipping t top canvas after getign a pattern sent  or cushions shipped to them  i wonder if its worth it for them sfor the price of the addvrtising?
http://www.thehulltruth.com/team-marine-upholstery-canvas-104/

scarab29

Guess you'll never know if you don't try! Once you get a following on one of these forums , people will give you some business. Seems like he's well known on tht after reading some of the post. Kinda like the way you are a god here Mike !! Some of the guys here like you are a great help and the advice is priceless.  Now if you were getting paid for this you'd have something !! :P
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

i was making a shade top that fit into the rodhoders on the back of a t top after i made one for me i solf a few all over but there want a big interest in i though of the advertising there but looks like they gave hima forum also. im not looking to  increase anymore work now. Id like to do a little fishing  :P

JuneC

T-tops are pretty easy to replicate.  And at $249 he's probably doing just fine.  I'm sure he charges more for the double rings.  For those of us who've done them, a good grommet machine setup makes it go super quick.  The high price of t-tops isn't the fabric or sewing, it's the hours spent lacing them on.  On one of the largest tops I've ever done, it took probably 4 hours to lace the dang thing on.  Pulling probably 250 feet of lacing through each grommet at least twice.  PITA, it is.  If the owner wants to lace his own, the price is fair, I'd say. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

A sma 5x7 June usual takes me 45 mins. But I have to. Uh a new press my brother broke ours when a customer complained abut the tightness to he used a pile for more leverage and pop it snapped the cast metal press