Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 02:15:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

It prety simple and easy they tell me

Started by Mike, March 10, 2012, 05:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Ever  get that caller that says that or  I don't want nothing fancy ?
I got a voice mail today saying they water a bag  4' x2' with a zipper it's simple. 
I don't know if it's round like a duffel 4x2? I called ack but didn't get them oh ya and they wanted it by. Ext Saturday.  But simple ! They pfo ally wouldn't like my  price or a simple
Bag  no supports ect simple good riddance I left word to call me back again

lc

I get that all the time Mike.
Usually when they say its simple or it should be easy to do ....my flag goes up. Sometimes these can be the worse projects you,ll ever get !
When I get really busy I let the answering machine get it, then I weed those ones out because now that I know what they want from the message they leave, I have the time to call back with a lame excuse that I am too booked to take them... but if it were now with my being slow I would take it and grumble through it.

Peppy

That's like the people coming in looking for a 'scrap' of fabric. "You know, just what ever you have laying around just a scrap. 4'x6'. " I say that's a piece. Two yards to be precise. And then they say "oh I don't like that colour. Don't you have anything left over from another job?" then I say yes it's out back in the bin. Anything in there's free.

Like by calling it a scrap they won't have to pay for it. Do you get stuff for free at the scrap yard?
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

rustyeod

Just did a "simple bag" last week.  He didn't like the "simple" price but he paid it.  I too get a little leary when a project is described as simple.  I usually tell them it might be simple but it still takes time and time  and material equals a cost. 

gene

March 11, 2012, 06:41:55 am #4 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:44:19 am by gene
"Oh, you can just 'whip that out' can't you?"

I hear this occasionally (like on a 120" x 24" x 4" boxed cushion cover) and it means that if I am good enough at what I do, then I will have a really low price. And if the price is too high, then obviously I am not very good at what I do.

Anyone who starts to beat my price down before I give them a price is someone who I would rather not work with.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: Peppy on March 11, 2012, 05:53:19 am
Like by calling it a scrap they won't have to pay for it. Do you get stuff for free at the scrap yard?

I like the ones who just want a "scrap" piece of foam..........enough for a camper mattress.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

I like the people who say, this little project will be lots of fun. Arrrgh
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

If its do fun  a easy let them do it.
I'll have fun seeing somthIng for me but it's not fun seeing for someonesle  it's just work till  I can do my own work. It's like some tuck n roll seats I did for a friend a couple week ago for his boat I told him I'd have fun all night if it was my boat.  Seeing it for him was money for me to buy toys for my boat