Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 03:16:28 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

windy

Started by Mike, March 04, 2012, 06:14:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

boy its windy in SWFL this weekend,  I made a deckboat cover pattern yesterday mornign then it got even windier. it was nice ewith the window open last night over my bed.

Mojo

One of the RV techs who does installs for me had 4 awnings to install for a customer of mine today. he cancelled......:) It is real windy. I have a large Live Oak that is no longer alive and needs to be cut down. I am hoping the wind saves me the trouble of notching and felling the stupid thing. :)

I am enjoying the cooler temps this front brought in.

Chris

MinUph

Man is it windy. Heard some damage in Tampa this morning. We were saved from the major blow being up north a bit.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

We got the tornadoes around us the other day - Ky, IN, and OH. No damage in my area. One tornado in KY hit 160 mph. That's windy!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

Chris I had a big live oak out front most of it is dien. Ow but I've still got some big stumps sticking up I have to remove. But that wil be later. Nice thing is here you just pole it up. Eddie the road and the county will pick it up

Gene that windy we had that sustained here with charly in '04

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPdQPnSstY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

lc

March 04, 2012, 06:08:58 pm #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:11:35 pm by lc
We groan a lot up here with the snow storms we get . We had a good dumping yesterday at least 7 to 8 inches. It nearly broke our backs shovelling it was so darn heavy..
It took me and my guy 2 hours to do the driveway .,ahh but yet it's nothing  compared to those nasty tornadoes and hurricanes you get. That can be quite intense !
I don't know how you live through it ., I think I'de move ..I guess when its home you don't want to go elswhere

Mike

I hated shoveling wet heavy snow. I got sick of it.  I was a kid in California till I was 10
  Then it was shoveling and walking on ice all winter   What I really hated was no snow just. Old and my sleds sitting on the trailor with nothing to do. And when it did snow I had to walk in little paths everywhere around the house ect.  So I left  NH in '04

regalman190

It's been a crazy winter here in western NY. Temperature swings and high winds. This morning 15F. Wednesday up to 60 and then back down in to the 30's for the weekend. Good thing I have five large boats to work on, all inside storage!
Regal Canvas

Mike

Regal lucky you got work now do you normaly ? I never got winter work but for done cushions. I spent the einter selling bait and watching movies on tv

regalman190

March 06, 2012, 04:41:11 am #9 Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:42:22 am by regalman190
Mike....I normally have a few boats every winter, mainly one's stored indoors. I offer clients discounts for the winter work. I've been getting more each year. This year I was lucky and had five going into winter. I've picked up 3 more since.
How's your winter been down in Florida?
Regal Canvas

Mike

Winter here was like summer up  north. I'll slow downto a steady pace now.