Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 03:53:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

morbern material

Started by bigdaddygary, March 06, 2012, 04:39:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddygary

Just wondering I did the interior in a Scarab boat using morbern material and after about 2 months it started to mildew I contacted my suppiler he said they had some material that did not get protected. They would replace the material but would do nothing on labor. Was wondering if anyone else has had anything like this to happen. I hate to lose the labor on the whole job.

kodydog

That's the way it is with most fabric suppliers. They will guarantee their fabric 100%. But that doesn't include labor. Kinda leaves the upholsterer out in the cold. In your case they skipped a step. And it seams like they would give some compensation. But don't count on it. You could sue but what a hassle that would be. Hardly worth it. The only thing you can do is replace the material and end you relationship with that company.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I've had a few similar experiences in the past. It really depends on how much the supplier values your business. If you buy a lot from them, they'll probably cover your labor. If you only buy from them occasionally, they probably won't.
And it depends on how much YOU value THEM. If you're willing to sever ties, then it can't hurt to at least make the threat.
In this particular case, it sounds like they knew of a potential problem before you reported one.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

JuneC

Only one time have I had a warranty claim - and Glen Raven stood behind their product and my labor.  They had attempted to pull all defective product from their supply chain, but missed at least one roll.  They covered the product and my labor costs with new product.  I got free Sunbrella for several months ;-))  Very upstanding of them. 

Now days, manufacturers have to be careful of being tried in the court of public opinion via the Internet.  Bad news travels fast.  I had not heard of Morbern putting out a bad product.  Disturbing that they won't cover at least some of the labor involved.  I do like their vinyls. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

lruthb

I haven't used your material. I have had 2 claims in the past. My supplier stood behind replacement of both the material and labor. I guess I should count myself lucky.

Mike

March 06, 2012, 11:32:51 am #5 Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:34:46 am by Mike
Ya I'd hate to eat the labor On a upholstery job. More hours in a boat interior  then canvas.  

rustyeod

I havn't had a problem with my suppliers but If I had a problem like this I might have to drop them simply because they knew there was a problem and did not tell you when you ordered the fabric.  How could you place another order without wondering if the same thing might happen again  "fool me once........" My suppliers get alot of money from me and I would hope they would pay for their mistake in order to keep my business.

DBR1957

I feel the pain on this one. Fortunately I've only had one experience where a
total job had to be redone because of the material.

However, I wouldn't take it out on the supplier. Remember it's not their fault
either. The problem lies with the manufacturer. They are the ones who should
have to reimburse for labor. After all, it is their product that failed.