Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 02:16:26 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Keep on "Keepin' on"

Started by sofadoc, February 24, 2012, 06:34:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

There's a fast food burger joint in town that I've recovered the booths for over the years. Since 1980, I've probably recovered all 24 booths at least 5 times each.
A couple of years ago, the owner told me that he had sold the place. The new owner was going to tear the building down, and build a Dairy Queen (with all new booths) in it's place.
I figured that I'd done that job for the last time.

Today, when the phone rang, I immediately recognized the number on the caller ID. It was that new Dairy Queen. Time to start the cycle all over again.

The county courthouse had me recover some benches last year. They told me to be very carefull with them, because they had been designated as "historical items" by the county officials. I had first recovered them when they were only a few years old.

I'm starting to feel old when I think of all the customers, businesses, and competitors that I've outlasted.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Social Security is right around the corner for you Dennis. Of course so is a nursing home. :)

Maybe you and Gene and Kody could all go in together and get a group discount at some old folks home. :)

Chris

sofadoc

If they'll let me bring my sewing machine and air compressor, I'm ready NOW!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Hay Sofa maybe they should designate you as an "historical item"  :P
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

sofadoc: $1000.00 in 1980, adjusted for inflation, is $2750.79 today. Have you adjusted your prices on those seats at the burger joint accordingly?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

all the ice creaam you can eat? amd now you are a historical item

kodydog

Quote from: Mojo on February 24, 2012, 09:02:20 pm

Maybe you and Gene and Kody could all go in together and get a group discount at some old folks home. :)

Chris

Yeah, Hooters home for the infirmed. We won't have to bring our tools. We'll hire Paul. I'm sure he would love to work for three retired anal retentive rag stretchers.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

bobbin

Hooters Home for the Infirm?  (lol)

OK, so I clearly missed my opportunity 25-30 yrs. ago.  But, I'm a little freaked out that I may be required to hustle tables in the old folks home in 15-20 yrs..  But then again, you take what you can get, right boys??

:)