Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 01:26:02 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Taking suggestions on this

Started by sofadoc, February 22, 2012, 03:20:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Santa Clause brought me a dust collector from Harbor Freight last Xmas.
So far, the only dust that it has collected, is by gathering it in the corner of my shop.
I'm sure that St. Nick meant well, so I have been trying to re-purpose it.
I'm trying to make it usefull for blowing fiber into pillows.
Here's what I got so far (I used a clear vinyl insert for video clarity):

I wish that it had some type of auger, like those "Build-a-Bear" machines to push the fiber along. As it is now, I still have to finish stuffing the pillow by hand once the fiber starts to "back up".
But I really like the way that the blower "gins" the fiber as it passes through. If you're using the customer's old pillows, it does a nice job of rejuvenating the fiber.
What I want, is to be able to manuever the pillow around while the fiber is blowing in. But I can't feed the fiber and manuever at the same time. You can't feed big clumps of fiber, or it will clog. And I don't always have a helper to feed while I manuever the pillow cover.
Any ideas?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

February 22, 2012, 03:47:16 pm #1 Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:49:47 pm by kodydog
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

You can google for plans that show a big wooden box that uses that blower and 1 or 2 or 3 furnace filters. They usually hang from the ceiling and it blows air through the box and filters.

If I should ever get one for Christmas that is what I would do.

I do like the idea of rejuvenating old pillow fibers.

While we're talking about blowers, here's a link that everyone should watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XWIJNaA-JNA#!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!