Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 01:19:50 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

oil on my bobbin?

Started by gene, February 21, 2012, 05:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on February 22, 2012, 02:18:45 pm
I never simply drop oil indiscriminently into the hook/race mechanism! 
I don't consider the way that I oil the bobbin case to be indiscriminent at all. I put a carefully aimed drop between the bobbin case and the hook race. Oil never even gets near the thread.
The guy in the video did appear to be oiling "willy nilly" over the top of the bobbin. 

Watching that guy makes me realize how short my attention span has become. Mike's videos are detailed, but he doesn't waste the viewers time fiddling with a bobbin change. He should've had a full bobbin before the camera started rolling.
In Part 1, he wasted more than 30 seconds just unwrapping the vinyl from the plastic that it was shipped in.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

So what wring with oils on rhe theead ive never had a problem and like in the vid i showed drom sailrite who sells a top thread  oiler  the lu ricated thread runs cooler and dose t fray fro the heat.