Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 12:32:45 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How did you learn upholstery?

Started by TheHogRing, February 14, 2012, 10:06:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

Stories about how individual upholsterers learned the trade has always intrigued me. It's one of the last remaining crafts where apprenticeship is essential, so there's always an interesting story to be told.

I'd like to share with you the story of how I learned auto upholstery; and hopefully you'll share yours in the comments section below the article. I have a feeling that they're similar in a lot of ways.

Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/7dsvjyp

lruthb

I don't have a great story like you. I DIY and learn as I went.

Hell Bat

February 17, 2012, 03:17:20 pm #2 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:19:16 pm by Hell Bat
I'm learning still,got a lot to go,don't think anyone ever knows it all anyway.
I started by sweeping the floor at "Nuwt's Upholstery" and some times holding stuff for feeding,it's how I got him to do my hot rod back in 1959 cus I had zip for cash then and now. Was many years later before I tryed to use some of what I saw him do then,I'm just a hobby guy at it,but I have fun and enjoy gitting info,every now and then I can even give out a little.
Thanks to all that have helped out over time.