Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 03:33:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

OMG

Started by lruthb, January 16, 2012, 11:23:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lruthb

What a day and it's only Monday.
The compressor doesn't work. Thankfully I have an electric one. BUT before it went down I stapled thru my index finger. Never in thirty years and I had to start now.

While sewing pulls on the insides, my sewing machine suddenly decides to sew so loose that you can pull the seams apart. I've checked all that I know. I'm sure it's something simple. Again thankfully I have a home machine that will handle this fabric. Maybe the husband will agree to a new  machine now! NOT

I moved my sofa to flip it on the back and one horse wasn't cooperating. That's because I stapled the inside arm to the horse.

Went to Menard's to get some more staples for the elec. gun I bought from them. They no longer carry them but could order some.

I just got a call from a customer whom had 20 bar stools done. Let me tell you they are the barstools from hell. Issues with the backs and welt. The problems have been with their customers leaning back and the welt is a mystery. I still get paid for every redo so I shouldn't complain. I really wish they'd buy some new ones.

Well that's enough for one day...I hope so anyway.
Lynn

bobbin

Lynn, they say bad things come in threes... looks like you've more than filled your quota today.  Tomorrow can't help but be an improvement.  I bet that "fing-y" really, really hurts!

sofadoc

Quote from: lruthb on January 16, 2012, 11:23:45 am
I moved my sofa to flip it on the back and one horse wasn't cooperating. That's because I stapled the inside arm to the horse.
OK, I've stapled the OUTSIDE arm to the horse a few times. But how did you manage to staple the INSIDE arm?
I think you were purposefully trying to have a bad day ;D
Tell that skinflint husband of yours that I said to buy you a new machine.
Tell him to trust me, I'm a doctor. ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

JuneC

Ok, now that's just not fair.  You should definitely have the rest of the week/year without major hiccups like that.  Sounds like you had one of those "I must just be living wrong" kind of days.  It HAS to get better. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

kodydog

January 16, 2012, 07:29:51 pm #4 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:32:49 pm by kodydog
Quote from: lruthb on January 16, 2012, 11:23:45 am
I stapled thru my index finger. Never in thirty years and I had to start now.

FIRST TIME IN THIRTY YEARS? I'd say you have an angel sitting on your shoulder.

Keep a stiff upper lip Lynn, tomorrows another day.  :)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Lynn:

Here is my advice. Take all Mondays off and  stay in bed. :)

Hope everything gets better for you. Keep smiling, life is still good, even on sh*ty days.  ;D

Chris

RandyOnR3

And sometimes you jusy gota laugh...
A little thread drift here but thought you'd injoy it...
   Had a issue one Monday..
Couldnt cash my paycheck because I didnt have a horn on my VW buss.....................
   Went back to Fort Worth to help my Dad get his business off the ground.  Recieved a check for a project I did, went to the bank on Monday to cash it..
    Bank said no and I needed a Texas ID instead of California to cash it or to open an account...
IDs and Drivers Licences are issued from the dept of safety in Texas..
    They said I couldnt get a ID or Licences without a Auto in my name..
Tried to transfer the title of my VW Buss to Texas but was told I had to have a Safety inspection on the Buss..
    Durring the inspection, the inspector asked me to honk the horn, so I stuck my head out the window and yelled "HONK".. The buss failed the test..
    Started at 8 am and it was now 4.30.. spent the whole monday chasing my tail..
So Sometimes, you just gota Laugh!