Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 07:20:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fashion's Growing Fascination with Auto Upholstery

Started by TheHogRing, January 16, 2012, 09:45:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

If you're a regular reader of The Hog Ring, then you're aware of the fashion industry's growing fascination with car interiors. Not only are independent designers fashioning leather jackets, purses and other clothing out of new and used automotive fabrics, but fashion powerhouses like Gucci (Fiat 500) and Versace (Lamborghini) are teaming up with automakers to design some really creative cabins.

Now fashion giants Celine and Prada are cashing in on the trend - launching 2012 spring collections inspired by cars.

Get a load of these heels: http://tinyurl.com/7p3z6nz

Now I don't usually get excited over women's fashion, but even I have to admit that these Prada heels look seriously cool. Most of all, though, I'm excited that auto trim is working its way into mainstream pop culture. This newfound appreciation for our craft is bound to result in an increase in business.

Don't be surprised if a customer walks into your shop asking to see samples of fabrics made by Gucci, Fendi, Burberry or Louis Vuitton. Trimming cars in designer fabrics is no longer an underground thing. It's now a full-on trend.