Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 07:17:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

looking for aluminum hinges

Started by MinUph, January 07, 2012, 06:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

I've been looking for these hinges and thought they would be easy to find. My mistake. I need these to hinge two rear upholstered seat tops on a pontoon and a smaller one for a small door. Anyone know where I might find them? I've looked all over the Internet and even a salvage yard.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JuneC

That's a "single wrap piano hinge" when you're googling.  I bet McMaster-Carr has scads of them.  Here's one other source.

http://www.wolfsmarine.com/Aluminum-Single-Wrap-Piano-Hinge-29-P3372.aspx

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

MinUph

Hey June,
  Been to McMaster-Carr's allready but Wolfsmarine seems to have them I have written them to be sure of the measurment.
  Thank you very much.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

Looking St Paula pic it looks likenthe clar side is eider then the angled side only measuring the flat part
sorry I cant help

MinUph

June,
  Finally got a response from Wolf Marine and they are the right ones for my needs. Thanks again.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JuneC

Happy they were the right ones, Paul.  BTW, I frequently find oddball stuff at GreatLakesSkipper.com.  I don't know if they might have had your hinges but no matter now. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields