Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 06:21:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I've seen the light!!

Started by sofadoc, December 30, 2011, 02:33:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on January 01, 2012, 10:23:24 am
Good one Mike. LOL
do you remember sticking a wire coat hanger on the rabbit ears of our TV antenna to get better reception?
And a piece of wadded up tin foil that you could slide up and down the antenna for "Fine tuning".
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

January 01, 2012, 02:51:12 pm #16 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:18:47 am by bobbin
Jeez, I remember when they used to play the Star Spangled Banner and turn off the entire TV station for the night!  

Staplpulr

right now i don't have pay TV, so i have piece of wire 30ft. long rigged up to an indoor antenna that i threw on the roof.

kodydog

I traded my neighbor. I got a 40' tower, antenna, rotor, and amplifier. He got a dome shaped cover for his hay ring. (for his horses)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Dennis:

That lamp cord fix is just one of many ideas homeowners use to fix their furniture.
If you furniture guys were not so expensive people could afford to bring their couches and chairs to you to have them properly fixed.

Now us RV and marine guys and gals have much better rates which is why our customers can afford our work. :)  :P  8)  ;D

Poor consumers. Geeesshhh. :)

Chris

SHHR

Quote from: gene on January 01, 2012, 10:23:24 am

For those of us who grew up a bit on the poor side, do you remember sticking a wire coat hanger on the rabbit ears of our TV antenna to get better reception?

gene

I remember we had a regular outdoor antennae on a pole but no rotor to turn it. If we wanted to watch a channel from a different area we had to go out with the slip joint pliers and turn the pole until someone inside yelled "IT'S CLEAR" No fooling, growing up I thought that's why they called the pliers "Channel Locks"
Kyle

Mike

Ive donew that gene with the tv, i never had one but they used to sell what was called a hotdogger it mounted on te muffler of a snowmobile motor and when you stoped to take a break you had hot dogs. ;D