Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 02:29:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

All apes are Baptists

Started by sofadoc, December 01, 2011, 08:20:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

The other topic about religion reminded me of a little known factoid about my own faith.

Several animal behavior research scientists conducted an experiment with 5 apes in a cage. In the center of the cage was a set of steps leading to the top, where a banana was dangling from a wire.
Every time one of the apes tried to get to the banana, they would turn on a high pressure hose, and knock him off the steps. Eventually, all 5 apes knew that the banana was forbidden.
Then, they removed one of the apes, and introduced a new ape into the cage. When he went for the banana, the other 4 apes restrained him.
They kept replacing the apes one by one, until there were no apes in the cage that had been hit by the high pressure hose, yet they still wouldn't go for the banana.
The apes didn't know why the banana was forbidden.
All they knew was "That's the way we've always done it"

Proof positive....all apes are Baptists.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Ha! Sitting here trying to decide if I should send that to my Baptiste brother-in-law. Nah.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

December 02, 2011, 06:17:40 am #3 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:47:51 pm by gene
April 18, 2008 Pope Benedict XVI visited New York city for 3 days. As he and his entourage strolled through the city, he entered a very high class bar. The bar tender looked up and said, "What is this, a joke?" LOL

A man died and went to heaven. Saint Peter was showing him around. "Here in this room we have the Catholics". Saint Peter opened the door and everyone was playing bingo, drinking beer, and having a great time.

"Here in this room", Saint Peter said, "we have the Methodists". He opened the door and everyone was singing hymns, having a great time.

Saint Peter went to the next door and said, "Be very quiet! We don't want to upset these folks. They are Baptists and they think they are the only ones up here.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's chosen people.

2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian
World.

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at Hooters or the liquor store.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

OK, one more:
A Pentecostal, Methodist, and Baptist preacher met one day. After talking a bit, they realized that they all had a problem with bats in the attic of their churches.
The Pentecostal preacher said " I caught them in a burlap sack, took them a mile away, and turned them loose. A week later, the attic was full of bats again".
The Methodist preacher said "I did the same thing, only I took them 10 miles away. A month later, they all came back".
The Baptist preacher said "Well I got rid of mine for good. I caught them in a burlap sack, took them downstairs and Baptized them..... haven't seen them since". 
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban