Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 12:21:47 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Part ? on Juki 563

Started by brownie2, December 02, 2011, 07:33:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brownie2

I need the little tiny screw and small flat springy thing that adjusts the bobbin tension.  ::)
Can I purchase a "bobbin case" with this included?
Or, do I have to buy the entire hook assembly with the shaft and all?
Part numbers?

Any other brands have this same exact part?

Where's the best/cheapest price?

Dang, I thought I was getting myself a birthday present and by the time I get to sew it will be a Christmas present.

kodydog

I'll bet Bob or Greg can help you out. Very seldom do I need to mess with the bobbin tension. But when I do I take the top paper from an old prewound bobbin and put it in the casing before I put the bobbin in. I don't have the adjustable type like you do. Some times, depending on the fabric and number of layers, I'll use 2 or 3 papers.

I have a top load Singer, but I would think you could do this on a bottom load also.

Have you had any luck with your machine yet?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I've ordered just the little screw and tension leaf before. But if you have to order the entire bobbin case, it will have those parts on it. You shouldn't have to order the entire hook assembly.

E-bay stores such as amindustrialsupply, or sharp sewing supplies will sell you those parts if you call them (they don't list those little parts on E-bay).
But like Kody said, I'm sure that Gregg or Bob will do the same.

I wouldn't think there would be a vast difference in price for little parts like that.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

brownie2

I actually ordered from Greg the other day.  I thought I ordered those items then but must have forgot or else I confused him with all my questions.  I asked the lady there today and she said I would have to get the entire hook assembly.  That just didn't seem right.  I can't find just the bobbin holder on the net.  I don't eBay either. 
I didn't have time to try sewing today.

Toledo Mach. Sales

Yes,we have the scres & spring in sto ck,giv e us a call.
Bob
1-866-362-7397
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Brownie2, 

Hit me back on Monday, Lois, my mom, who you spoke with, may have been confused about what you were asking.  I have bobbing case tension adj. Screw, and spring seperate, as well as a bobbing case complete.  I even have an inexpensive generic hook complete for the cost more or less of a Japanese quality bobbing case by itself.   Let me know, maybe we will talk to find your best option here for you.