Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 12, 2024, 06:45:11 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

headliner hulliner help

Started by Mike8560, November 20, 2011, 01:26:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

miamim used to have a headliner eve 131 triton oyster but it looks like its discontiued.  Anyplace to find a foam backed vinyul hulliner? bnot the fuzzy carpet like or the perfeoprated vinyl.

JuneC

Hate bunny fuzz  >:(  Last hull liner I did was a Formula 400SS and I did my own lamination using 1/4" high density foam and regular marine vinyl.  Lotta work, but looked great when done.  Same vinyl minus the lamination was done for whisper-walls headliner. 

I'm on the fence now about the Baja 38 headliner - don't know if I want to make luan panels (put up with Dual-Lock) and upholster them or if I want to install headliner track (like Whisper Walls, sold by Trivantage).  Each has its advantages.  I'm leaning towards the track system.     

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

ive never dome the track or whisper walls i fould a couple leads i have to call tomorow for the ev 131 , i may end up like you did laminating some myself ive got to redo a old christsraft that had vinly over foam glued on the walls. once i get to it it will keep me busy for a bit insode walls plus new canvas outside  oh what did you use for glue June?

JuneC

I used the DAP product.  It was too much surface area to use spray cans.  It would have taken several cases. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Miami Mike

Mike, I do have a marine vinyl with 1/4" foam on the back. The EV 131 was a Morbern product for OEM boats. They dropped it the OEM and is using a Hull liner now. What we have now id a basic white vinyl. 20 yard rolls. is sold in 20 yard rolls.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna