Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 17, 2024, 02:17:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How do they make light beer?

Started by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing, November 05, 2011, 11:40:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

I mean, do they take the beer out of it?    What exactly is going on there?  I was thinking about PMing Mojo about this, he may know.   

scottymc

What is meant by lite beer, from memory lite in your country means low calorie, in Australia it means low alcohol. If you want to make low alcohol beer , just use less sugar when you brew it. I went to a bbq in Hawaii and bought lite beer to avoid being overly intoxicated, the alcohol content was 5.5%, needless to say before I new it i was a bit wobbly. So what are the best brews in everyone's country's . In Aus. I would have to say Coopers Red, brewed in the bottle, referred to by some as the drug in a bottle.

Mike8560

Not USA bit I like corona  from Mexico

JuneC

Just add water...  Ever drink Miller 64?  Low calories (64), low alcohol, low taste.  But... if you're going to drink a 12-pack while boating all day in the hot sun, it works pretty well to keep you hydrated ... and sober. 

Personally, I like Coors Light.  I'm sure Mojo will fill us in eventually on the who/what/when/where/why's of light beer. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Staplpulr

Budweiser it says right on the can "The king of beers"

kodydog

I always thought they added helium to it???
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

As with most "Lite" products, all they did was add water and  raise the price.
All that "Tastes great! Less filling!" stuff......pure marketing. If they say it loud enough, and long enough, people start believing it.

What's the difference between Excedrin Extra Strength, and Excedrin Migraine? About a buck a bottle. Nothing else. But I'll bet you all know someone who swears that Excedrin Migraine works better.

Why can't us stitchers pull the wool over the consumer's eyes like that?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Greg:

I am the last person on earth you would ever want to ask about beer. I haven't had any alcohol in over 30 years.

I never was a big drinker but used to get sicker then a dog after drinking just one drink. It took me a couple years to figure out that just maybe I would be better off not drinking at all. :)

And to think my grandfather was a bootlegger.  :o

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on November 06, 2011, 05:54:33 am
I am the last person on earth you would ever want to ask about beer. I haven't had any alcohol in over 30 years.

Same here. I have no idea what urine tastes like, but it can't possibly be much different from beer.
It's caused me a ton of awkward social situations over the years. I'm sitting there with my arms folded, while everyone else is laughing their ass off (even though absolutely NOTHING FUNNY has been said, or done).
And I've noticed that all it takes is a little booze for my friends to think that even the most mediocre restaurant is a 5 star eatery.
I know that are millions of people who can drink responsibly. But none of them were ever related to me.
I watched my mom and step-dad have a bitter drunken brawl most every weekend while growing up. My father died from a rotted liver. They found him in a pool of his own waste at a Salvation Army shelter.
Some people are pre-disposed to alcohol addiction, some aren't. Since I don't like the taste of the stuff, I see no reason to find out which catagory I fall into.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

I agree Sofadoc. I have no problems watching people have a few drinks. I have serious problems with drunks.

One of the other reasons why I do not drink is because my little brother was shot in the head by a drunk who was playing with a gun that was NOT loaded. My little brother died instantly.

I know my patience is zilch when it comes to drunks which is why I stay clear of bar's, parties, etc. The last place I want to spend time is in jail for killing a drunk that pushed me to far so I avoid them.

Chris