Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 08, 2024, 03:23:26 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Disaster - Seiko fallen to bits.

Started by ajlelectronics, September 26, 2011, 12:44:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ajlelectronics

I was compelled by 'er indoors to take my Seiko STW-88B away from the house. I forgot that it could be taken off the table and it was moved complete. When trying to lift it into the van, it tipped over and the machine itself fell onto the floor a short distance. Apart from a bent cover, it seems OK.

When putting it into its new home, a couple of parts just fell out and I cannot see where they have come from. Is this an easy fix or is it time to get a man in?

Once again I can't upload even a small picture. It complains "Path not found". The parts are two similar ones and look like a claw with a short shaft maybe 1/8". Overall length about half an inch. No idea where they have come from.

Darren Henry

email the pics to me and I'll see what I can do for you.

djhenry@wcgwave.ca

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

scottymc

They are maybe the hinges , if you look at the back edge of the bed of the machine there should be 2 holes where the posts fit and the claw bit should fit into fitting on the tabe that will be ajacent to the holes when you put the machine in the table. 

Darren Henry

While I was waiting for the pics to get here I got thinking the same thing. If not I'll post if the member takes me up on my offer to post pics for him.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

ajlelectronics

That is exactly what they were, thankyou very much. Machine seems to work but the thread is fraying at the needle eye, although the tensions appear fine.

scottymc

The pick up hook under neath is probably scratched so as it goes around and picks up the thread it frays it, take the plates off and turn the wheel run your fingernail along the edge where the thread brushes as it goes round and feel if the edge has been nick, if it is, it is easy to fix.

Darren Henry

You might try a new needle as well. It may have gotten jarred out of place or slightly bent in the process therefore taking the thread to the wrong spot. [ WE are only dealing with a few .001 " on some machines]