Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 04:08:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

updated finnaly

Started by Mike8560, September 13, 2011, 09:52:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

well i took eveyone asdvise and corrections.
i finnaly got my old slow pvc going tonight
i can only have one more page with my plan needles. i had it for a particular item i was making but it wasnt a big ht so i took that page down till i use it again . i eliminated some opix i though it had to many and changed the look a bit.  it just gets me out there ive had it uop for about 15 years. last time i looked i came up first at google for my area.  ad i use it as a buisnesss card on the net 
ssny other input in much appreaciated.
www.bayviewcanvas.com

Allan

Mike

Looks good
Just one more comment
You might want to try use the same font on all the pages
Otherwise a big improvement

Allan

Mojo

Looks good Mike.

You may want to slow down the rate at which the pictures change. They are blipping through there real fast.

Chris

Mike8560

Thanks. Ya Chris I did that rotating oic along time ago with a special program.
My pc is realy mesas up tonight I  can't even get a page to come up.
And I'd have to find that program
again   

jsquail

Looks great Mike. I agree with Chris about slowing down the pictures.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Peppy

Real nice Mike! Lots of nice work in those pictures. Your copy is written real well too. Only thing I saw was on the sailboat page dodger was missing the 'r'. But now we're just splitting hairs.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

Wonder how I dissed that pep.
I'll fix it as soon as I can get back on it

Rich

QuoteReal nice Mike! Lots of nice work in those pictures. Your copy is written real well too. Only thing I saw was on the sailboat page dodger was missing the 'r'. But now we're just splitting hairs.

I wouldn't correct anyone's spelling in a forum post, but a web page is different. I don't think it's splitting hairs to make a good impression to potential customers who don't know you or your attention to detail. My suggestion is to change "sence" to "since". Otherwise, it looks great!
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

gene

September 16, 2011, 02:30:30 pm #9 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:34:01 pm by gene
I do like your web site. I'd love to hear in 6 months how much business you feel has been generated by it.

For me, details matter. And first impressions make a difference. If a web site is your first impression, why not make it the best you can?

With the sole intent to be helpful, here's a few more details.

Home page:
Right under the pictures that are speeding by so fast only a kid with ADD could keep up: "including" is misspelled. It's in bold and underlined.

You might want to go check the use of periods at the end of sentences, and correct capitalizations, such as, but not limited to:
We are a family run business with over 20 years experience. originally operating on lake Winnipesaukee in NH and now serving Charlotte county since april 2004

Tenara lifetime thread formerly known as Gore-Tex available on request

Also, on your cover page you are telling folks from Finland that your mooring covers will protect their language. The correct spelling is finish, not finnish.

If I ever put up a web site I will definitely post it and ask for feedback. I am amazed at how many things I absolutely miss in my writings. It's like putting a puzzle together. You sit there for 10 minutes looking for a specific piece, and someone walks up and says, "Oh. Here it is."

Again, I do like the web site. It's very easy to navigate and you tell me exactly what you do without me having to look all over the place and open a multitude of additional windows.

Good luck with it,

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!