Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 17, 2024, 01:37:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Acrylic binding spools

Started by Mike8560, September 16, 2011, 03:42:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Well the  sunbrella spools with the larger hole fits fine s a 7/8" tube and I've always had one to hold my binding but there are thoose wmallr holes on outdiljre SMS recscril. Think spools you know the ones. They were always a pain for me Putin g s nail o. My table to try a d hold them. But it never work great   Then today it came to me (now) after so many years and frustrations.
I moved my extra spools of thread on my holder and placed my. Binding spool there. Routed the bindidntnunde the table away from the pulley  some guides  would make it easier but it worked like a charm.  After so long it just came to me.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-69.jpg

Darren Henry

makes it hard to wind a bobbin that way while your sewing,though.

I haven't run into one of those spools yet. Mine still fit on 7/8 tubing (which I put through the handles of a plastic milk crate and set beside the machine when I need binding).How about using a piece of edge wire, or an old car antennae,etc in your milk crate?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike8560

hin Darren I don't wind to many bobbing imostly use prewounds.
I've got my 7/8" tube over my machine  you csn see it a bbit here how my set up is

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-68.jpg
I don't have  much room to my right but in the past I have done thebmilkcase thing 

Darren Henry

The other thing I've done Mike is to mount the roll between the legs of the machine (front to back) on the right side with just a strap. 'Course ya gotta have room around the motor, if it sticks out too far it can tick you off, ---- but a thought.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

The last two rolls of binding I have gotten have been on the small diameter spools. One is Recacril and the other is an acrylic spool from Rochford that is older.

I have a piece of conduit pipe mounted under my table. The spools sit on that and unwind near my right leg. Never thought of mounting them on the thread spool holder.

Chris