Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 05:13:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

bobbins for Juki 563

Started by kodydog, September 08, 2011, 06:42:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Thanks Bob. What about the U bobbins versus the M bobbins ?

I will keep using the M bobbins because like everything else with my machines, if I screw them up, your going to have to spend time on the phone talking me through the repair.........lol. I know how much you enjoy those repair calls from me......... Kinda like going to the dentist for a root canal. :)

Which reminds me. before you leave for Texas for that trade show be sure I have your cell phone number. I may need to call you some night at 3 am when I am having insomnia and want to work on my machines. :)

Chris

kodydog

September 09, 2011, 07:31:17 pm #16 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:36:25 pm by kodydog
OK Mojo. Used your link to buy the 100 M bobbins. Buy it now price $23.95. I offered $18.95. They counter offered $23.49. They only have 10 left and their getting stingy. I counter counter offered $19.00. Am I doing something wrong? We'll see what their 3 X counter offer is. Unless they just flat out say not excepted.

I wish I could write them and say I know you have excepted this offer before, but I don't think that's doable.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

scottymc

yeah you can , just hit contact buyer or ask the buyer a question

Toledo Mach. Sales

Which reminds me. before you leave for Texas for that trade show be sure I have your cell phone number. I may need to call you some night at 3 am when I am having insomnia and want to work on my machines.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

Mojo

Quote from: Toledo Mach. Sales on September 10, 2011, 04:59:03 am
Which reminds me. before you leave for Texas for that trade show be sure I have your cell phone number. I may need to call you some night at 3 am when I am having insomnia and want to work on my machines.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's OK. Bobby will provide me with your cell phone number. He is always looking for ways to get back at his old man. :)

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Four  dollar auction disputes and sewing machine repair after midnight?  "As the upholstery message board turns" soap opera material.

sofadoc

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on September 10, 2011, 05:00:01 pm
Four  dollar auction disputes and sewing machine repair after midnight?  "As the upholstery message board turns" soap opera material.
I was thinking the same thing.
I paid $36 for a 100 bobbins. I was thrilled with that price, since my suppliers wanted 2 bucks a piece for them. C'mon! They're less than a stinkin' quarter each!

I know that we've determined that ALL E-bay sellers are "bastard coated bastards with bastard cream in the middle", but I don't think they're making a killing at $23.49. ;D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

I have two sewing machines in my shop. Why do I need more than 4 bobbins?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

September 10, 2011, 07:50:44 pm #23 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:57:50 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: gene on September 10, 2011, 07:18:40 pm
I have two sewing machines in my shop. Why do I need more than 4 bobbins?

Scotty  posed the same question. My response was "Then why do they sell them by the 100?"
A  1lb. spool of #69 thread is about $25. 1/4lb. spools are about $10 (or $40lb.)
I don't always have multiple spools of EVERY color thread there is.
So I buy thread in the 1lb. spools, and wind dozens of bobbins before I start a job. I also keep a few dozen black, and white bobbins ready to go.
Anyway, winding one at a time as I sew reminds me of my Grandmother. I might as well pour myself a big heaping bowl of buttermilk and cornflakes while I'm at it. :)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

scottymc

::)Leave the bobbins alone :'(

kodydog

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on September 10, 2011, 05:00:01 pm

There latest counter offer is $22.95. I'll accept.

Your right, wasting my time over $4 or $5, trying to get them down to their rock bottom price. And then I rant and rave when my costumers do that to me.

The odd thing is I just bought that Juki and now we have 2-1/2 weeks of nothing but cushions. It'll be cool having two machines ripping through the seams.

Thanks for the input. 

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html