Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 07:28:29 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New Tech Breakthrough

Started by Mojo, September 09, 2011, 03:31:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I watched this video and was shocked. This new chrome system is awesome and will change the way car hobbyists approach their renovations.

Chroming the old fashioned way is profoundly expensive and shops are hard to find because of EPA laws. This system is awesome.

I could see an auto upholsterer using this as a side business for interior parts.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/spray-on-chrome/1232328/

Chris

scottymc

September 09, 2011, 03:41:43 pm #1 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:27:57 pm by scottymc
I was interested to see that the people who watched that video also watched a heap of days of our life videos, so that's what most of you American blokes watch out in the shed whist doing up your cars. :D And I bet you said "I'll grab that old tv so I can watch football in the shed".  

Mojo

No bloody way mate. Us American blokes are not " soft " like you Aussie blokes. We spend our time looking for new innovations while working on bikes and cars instead of heading off to a cricket match with me mates wearing a singlet and pulling an esky full of VB behind us. :)

Chris

scottymc

Aw, come on mate, I'm a Bold and beautiful meself, I mean it is understandable we do sit at sewing machines all day.

scottymc

Just for the record, I hate cricket (so boring), VB would have to be the worst beer on the planet or at least a close second to Budweiser. And those blue singlets made popular by pot bellied truckers are known as wife basher singlets.  ;)

SHHR

I ordered a info pack a couple of years ago from Spectra-Chrome. I believe they are located somewhere near you in Florida. Every now and then I pull out the DVD and watch it again stewing on it over and over. I hate to make that initial investment although I know it would pay off. My dad even thought about investing in it to add into my shop, but I hate to sound pushy to him since he's helped out so much already. This stuff appears to be amazing. Chrome shops today are skyrocketing in their prices due to EPA regulations and turn around usually takes months. The shop I use (a couple hours away) won't even touch pot metal due to the difficulty in it. Most interior trim parts on the older vehicles I do are just that, pot metal. I could see where an additional employee and maybe other shop would need to be added if I ever offered this service.
Kyle

SHHR

September 09, 2011, 05:58:35 pm #6 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:05:38 pm by SHHR
I went to the website of the company that I mentioned in my previous comment and saw this om there. They chromed a vinyl cycle seat! pretty cool!

http://www.sprayonchrome.com/superadhesion4.html

Am I seeing chrome solar screens in your future Chris?

kodydog

Quote from: scottymc on September 09, 2011, 03:41:43 pm
I was interested to see that the people who watched that video also watched a heap of days of our life videos, so that's what most of you American blokes watch out in the shed whist doing up your cars. :D And I bet you said "I'll grab that old tv so I can watch football in the shed".  

Over here we call it a man cave. :D
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

scottymc

I doesn't matter what country you live in a man needs a hole to bolt too when it gets to hot in the kitchen.

Mojo

Kyle:

I live in a hot rod mecca zone and really thought about it. Spectra Chrome offers free classes and training at their factory ( St. Pete ) and will even allow you to come down and spend the day with one of their tech's, free of charge. But I do not think I could handle being around all the chemicals. It really aggravates my disease big time.

I did contact my buddy back home in Bristol. He is giving it serious consideration. He does semi renovations and updates tractor / trailer rigs. During our conversation he begged me to move back home saying there is not one dependable stitcher anywhere near him. Doing big rig interiors would be a blast but we are too settled here now. Still it would be awesome as I could set-up shop inside his place which is massive.

This Spectra system seems to be the best out there. You could probably pay for your system with 2 or 3 bumper jobs. :)

Chris

Mike8560

I like  Judy and thst 70s show but not while I'm
sewing
just music or comedy from I heart radio 

scottymc

I listen to talk back radio, gives me someone to argue with.

Darren Henry

QuoteI doesn't matter what country you live in a man needs a hole to bolt too when it gets to hot in the kitchen.

Call a spade a spade---- It's a PMS shelter. 8)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

scottymc

That would be a politically correct Personal My Space shelter wouldn't Darren?  ;)