Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 03:41:37 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Is This a Good Deal?

Started by jojo, August 23, 2011, 08:37:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Mojo

If it checks out OK that is a good deal. if it comes with a motor and table it is an excellent deal. Even if it needs to be timed it is still a good deal.

Check it out carefully and go from there. If it sewed, ran OK and was complete I would buy it. They are a very good machine and the attachments are plentiful and cheap.

Good luck,

Chris

needles eye

Yo if it "needs timing" make sure that the shuttle hook hasn't been smacked around by a beginner and is now in need of replacing, ad seems to say head only so may need table and motor too. Sometimes cheap machines cost more than reconditioned from a reputable dealer. Anyway what's the dang thing doin' in the guys cupboard, cross dressing or somethink?

Mojo

I just went back and read the ad. Opp's.......... head only. My Bad. :)

It would have to be in good condition for me to buy it. Needles did bring up a point. If its out of timing it isn't a big deal. But if it is messed up mechanically and needs parts I would probably pass on it.

Chris

christwo

Quote from: needles eye on August 23, 2011, 10:19:31 am
Yo if it "needs timing" make sure that the shuttle hook hasn't been smacked around by a beginner and is now in need of replacing, ad seems to say head only so may need table and motor too. Sometimes cheap machines cost more than reconditioned from a reputable dealer. Anyway what's the dang thing doin' in the guys cupboard, cross dressing or somethink?

Where does it mention anything about a "cupboard"? I see it says that its sitting in his closet, and a closet makes good storage space. Specially for someone who said he wanted to do upholstery as a hobby, and then realized he was no good at it. Doubt it had anything to do with cross dressing, in the least.

needles eye

Hmm.  Quod hoc sibi vult? "what does this mean?"

Perhaps rather like tipping one can't appreciate somebody elses' sense of humour?

D'you reckon once it comes out of the closet it is going to have a gay old time?

For a thing unknown there is no desire.

::)

christwo

Nothing to do with appreciation, but understanding. Infact, I usually tip quite well wether or not I agree with it, and you know what, I'm sure it probably would have such a time.  8) But back on topic, did you hear about that gay midget? He finally came out of the cupboard.