Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 12:07:22 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Slow time

Started by Mike8560, August 19, 2011, 09:40:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

??? It seems the slow season is  starting. I've got a few  small things to do
but sept is the slowest time I swfl

kodydog

Just hired a young man to help strip furniture. First employee in over 5 years. Posting furniture for sale on Craigslist in St Augustine with good response. Much better than Gainesville. Busiest year in a long time.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike8560

August 19, 2011, 10:33:19 am #2 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:34:59 am by Mike8560
 Is st Augustine a seasonal
area? I won't have snowbirds  start to return for another month or so   And  for the locals  summers over and the kids have gone back

forsailbyowner

Im in a large dockaminium and will stay busy till it starts to get cold when Ill hitail it out of here or the keys. Its nice to return toan area and have the work waiting. They pay a LOT around here. The gentleman I just finished some work for had paid $800 for a simple 3 bow bimini, canvas only, just before I arrived.

Mike8560

Ooming back I used to have it prety good I worked all summer ice out ti in 24/7
then I took off with ny bike in tow in my  winni  to fl.
It did suk working weekends with my boat sitting  at the dock all day at home. I did go out at night alot
used to cAll my friends. Bathtub sailors not  going out after dark

Mojo

August 19, 2011, 03:15:40 pm #5 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:38:12 pm by Mojo
I am swamped. Come on up and get to sewing Mike........:)

Typically this time of year is dead for me but someone made a post on an RV forum about my awnings and they came out of the woodwork wanting new awnings. Then that in turn turned into more work as I booked some solar screens off one customer and have two more orders coming in from another customers buddies who need full awning replacements. I am just waiting on those two coaches to get back from their trips to start their work.

I sewed 7 days straight last week a few nights till 10 PM and am still behind. :( I am enjoying all the work  because this work will dry back up again soon. This is supposed to be my slow time. I know this fall looks to busy as I have several that are booking work starting in November.

I have said before that I am retired and do this part time but lately it has been more then full time. I am not complaining and if you give me 6 months I will be back on here whining about no work. :)

Chris

kodydog

Quote from: Mike8560 on August 19, 2011, 10:33:19 am
Is st Augustine a seasonal
area? I won't have snowbirds  start to return for another month or so   And  for the locals  summers over and the kids have gone back

Haven't been doing business there long enough to know Mike. I'm sure there's a few. And I'm sure it's a nice resting place on their way south. My guess is you need to be south of I-4 to be in traditional snowbird territory. They get all PO'd if they get just one night of frost during the season.  :D
If your ever in this part of Fl give me a buzz. We'll get together.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike8560

A Kody my first road trip south I crossed I to fl and it was still in the 30s. 
I kept driving south I had a friend up I'm NH that just loved st Augistine 
You k kid I'm there same if you come south.