Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 03:41:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Guarding Against Natural Disasters - Is Your Shop Covered?

Started by TheHogRing, August 09, 2011, 04:09:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

Say a tree crashes through the roof of your upholstery shop - are you covered?

The Hog Ring's latest blog post discusses just that. It's full of tips and advice from shop owners who've fell victim to natural disasters and have rebounded stronger than ever.

One useful piece of advice comes from Vic Anderson of Victory Machine:

"If we believe that what we have in our shop would exceed the $250,000 [policy we have], then I have to call my insurance carrier and extend it to whatever we believe the vehicle cost in here is," he said. "Sometimes on a Friday night when I leave, I'll look in the shop and [think], 'I have half-a-million dollars' worth of cars in my shop and I've only got $250,000 worth of coverage,' so I'll call my insurance agent ... and extend the coverage for the time that those vehicles are in here."

Check out the full article: http://tinyurl.com/433chlh

For this forum, I'm interested in learning what precautions other upholsterers are taking to guard themselves in the event of a natural disaster.

Mike8560

I've had to up my liability and then I loweed again but my agent said I can't keep going up and down

TheHogRing

Some insurance companies that specialize in small-business policies will let you. You may need to shop around a bit before finding one. But it's definitely worth it.