Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 09:13:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ruined a perfectly good needle today

Started by JuneC, February 22, 2011, 04:27:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

christwo

Man, I feel for ya June. I can relate with puncture wounds allll to well. Apart from stapling my fingers countless times, before upholstery I worked as a carpenter. One day I was nailing a stud into the bottom plate and had the nail gun laying on the ground next to me. When I kneeled down to stand up I kneeled on the safety of the nail gun, which is right where the nail exits, and grabbed the nail gun by the trigger, and BAM. 16 penny nail right into my knee, stopped on bone. It actually sucked my jeans into my knee! Suprising thing was that it did not hurt at all when it happened, it was more of a warm sensation. So I pulled the nail out and kept working. Next day i woke up and could not even walk. Went to the doctor and had it x-rayed, he said he could not believe how lucky I was, it had hit the tibia in the knee, and stopped. Didn't fracture it or nothing, merely punctured it. Never the less it hurt for about 2 weeks, and I had to walk around on crutches and take an absence from work. But I feel for your finger, because they are sensitive and it will be sore in the morning no doubt. Hope all is well!

Mojo

I watched a roofer using an air nailer nail himself to the roof of a new house I was having built. he screamed and had his brother come over and pull the nail out for him. He loaded up and went to the Doctor for a tetanus shot.

Shortly after that a framer was erecting an interior wall and nailed his foot to a stud and the bottom plate. He was toe nailing 2 x 4's which were the wall studs to the top and bottom plates. He would beat the stud into place and then hold the bottom of the board with his foot while he nailed it. The air gun went bang and the 16 d nail went through the 2x4 at the wrong angle and into his foot. He hobbled around for a few days but was fine. Again he also had to leave to get a tetanus shot.

So the joke on the jobsite was " be careful, Chris's house has a habit of hurting you ". :)

Chris

christwo

Mike8560

I saw a guy o. A party boat I was fishing on. He caught a fish but had to let it go. It was probly close to ten pounds. He  was Golding it up with the stiff boat rod.  Tip bent over.  Then either the fish shook or he shook it. But the fish came off and theoaddd rod shit the big hook right throught is thumb as he was Golding the line above the fish before it shook off. 
They cut the tip and barb of but couldn't get it out.  He had to spend the whole day that way. 

christwo

Oh man, I was on a fishing boat one time and a guy went to cast out, and hooked the deckhand in the mouth! The deckhand was pisssssed! The guy didnt realize what he had done and kept tugging on the pole!

MTupguy

Guess I won't be freakin' out so much next time I shoot a 9/16" staple into my finger.... or have my boss pull it out for me!  "Groadie to the Max!"  Love that expression-- heavily under-used!