Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 07, 2024, 12:30:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Anyone used the "brushed aluminum" marine vinyl?

Started by JuneC, July 11, 2011, 09:56:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

I've used it for odd trim pieces here and there on the dash, but never used it in upholstery.  Anyone have any experience in how well it holds up to sun/heat/abrasion in seating? 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

fragged8

i've used a silver carbon fibre look vinyl on my own boat.
it seems thicker than normal vinyl and is wearing ok,
I can't really say on the UV as they live in the cabin
when not in use and our sun won't be as harsh as yours.

Rich

Mike8560

Not brushed aluminum but I've used the shiney gold on piping on allot of older searays   And Starcraft I e used the metelic hammered look kinda like fishscales  seemed good quality also.

Miami Mike

July 12, 2011, 08:47:15 am #3 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:48:30 am by Miami Mike
If it's the Enduratex brand, it is a full marine grade vinyl. It Will hold up great. I have not had any issues with it not holding up.  :D

Can't seem to get my mug shot back on???? I know it hurts you all.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

fragged8

hiya

y it was scaring the kids Mike so we blocked it  ;D

only kidding hehe.

wrornPeno