Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 06:42:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Need help identifying this back clip.

Started by scott_san_diego, June 27, 2011, 08:27:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scott_san_diego

June 27, 2011, 08:27:02 am Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:36:21 am by scott_san_diego
Hello,

I am reupholstering some seats and backs on a fishing boat.  The back  cushions have a wood back and are attached using a two part metal clip to hold them in place.  
I have not been able to find these clips. The part that attaches to the wall is more square and fits inside this clip.
Here are a couple of pitures of what I am looking for.  If you know what they are called or where they can be bought, I would appreciate the information.

Thank you,...Scott

JuneC

I haven't seen that one before.  Do a search for "french cleat" or "Z Clip".  Monarch makes some nice Z clips is aluminum.  Same idea, just a different design. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

Ya  I havnt seen them either what make and year boat ?

Miami Mike

I think it's time to get rid of those type of clips. And start using the Fastmount system. Self tapping into wood or plastic board. Easy to install and remove panels ... A lot of OEM's use them.

Open link> Click on the Fastmount panel mounting system

Any questions let me know. I have sold many kits, I have got great feed back>> Yes not the normal thing, but works great.

http://www.miamicorp.com/products/MARINE.aspx
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna