Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 10:52:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

hotter than Miami

Started by fragged8, June 27, 2011, 11:01:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

i feel like the witch on the wizard of Oz..

' I'M MELTING '

my car registered 31 deg C today at 4.30 pm or 87.8 F !!!

how hot does it have to get before you decide not to go patterning ?

Rich

scottymc

"Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun" ;D

Brian W

June 27, 2011, 06:30:48 pm #2 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:34:16 pm by Brian W
That's nothin,  it hit 114 here today in Phoenix!  It was 87 when I left for work this morning at 6 AM!!
 Oh... but it's a dry heat!  ::)

almost forgot,  It's 6:30 PM now and it is still 112!!

Mike8560

June 27, 2011, 08:23:23 pm #3 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:28:44 pm by Mike8560
I I stalled a cover this morning on a deckbowt then imwent and patterned a cc morring cover and motor cover I'd had to be 95 •f   It was hot my t shirt was soaked and  I think I got a bit burned
But tomorow I'll make it in my  ac shop and if I put it on in will be quick.
It was humid as he'll also
then it poured this afternoon and now it's 75•f nit at 11:30
pm

Mojo

Richard:

We have that type of weather from Mid April till November. It gets stinking hot and humid with no breaks at all. I have adjusted my schedule now to where if I do something outside I do it EARLY in the AM or late in the afternoon. The next 7 days is supposed to be in the 90's during the day and dropping into the mid 70's at night. But that mid 70's is like the mid 80's anywhere else because it is so stinking humid.

Alot of our roadwork here is done after dark and during the twilight hours. The road crews work midnights and work under huge spotlights. They are so bright it is like daylight out when you drive through one of those construction sites. :)

I picked up a HyperKewl vest to wear when its hot out. It works pretty good and last a few hours between soakings. You can find them on e-bay for around 25 - 30 bucks. They work off evaporation.

Chris