Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:16:44 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Rave reviews?

Started by sofadoc, June 20, 2011, 03:33:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I checked my Yellow Page online listing, and found that someone had written a review of my business. I nervously clicked on it (hey, the only people that write reviews are the crabby ones, aren't they?).
Anyway, it turned out to be a glowing review. "Sarah" couldn't praise me highly enough. Only problem is, I don't remember having a customer named Sarah lately. And the pieces of furniture that she described in her review don't sound recently familiar.
I suspect that this review was really written by an over-zealous Yellow Page rep, who was trying to atone for mistakes in my print ad last year. I remember him promising me that he would "fix up something REAL nice" to make up for last year's goof-up.
I know that when I check on reviews for appliances, or tools at the Lowe's, or Home Depot website, they range from "Modern Miracle" to "Total piece of crap!!!"
I'm really not too keen on the customer review process. It only takes one disgruntled customer, or even a vengeful competitor to write a scathing review of your business. On the other hand, I could just get all my buddies to write one that qualifies me for sainthood.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Lying is always a good way to atone for a mistake. It's like sincerity, once you can fake that, everything else is easy.

Sarah is probably Rahish, some guy living in India. The yellow pages contracts with the company he works for to handle customer service.

Just hope that you don't get the biggest, highest paying job ever, and they want to talk to Sarah as a reference.

LOL

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike8560

I lime when I see on a website customer reviews  like
"so I so did a fatastic non o. This or that "
I could write that and out itonline also.

byhammerandhand

What irks me is "Give us a favorable review on [Angie's List, our web site, Google places, etc.] and we'll give you 10% off on your next job!  Right.

I often check Amazon.com for user reviews, even if I'm not buying there.   Just like ice skating judges, throw out the top and bottom and I think you have a fairly good sample.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mojo

It was the only name I could come up with. If I used Mojo everyone would have known. :)

Since you let the cat out of the bag I want my $ 20 bucks that you offered me to write that " glowing " recommendation.

;D

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on June 21, 2011, 05:46:31 am
It was the only name I could come up with. If I used Mojo everyone would have known. :)
Since you let the cat out of the bag I want my $ 20 bucks that you offered me to write that " glowing " recommendation.

Damn! And just think, I could've went to glowingrecommendations.com and saved TEN BUCKS!!
You'd think that for 20 bucks, you could've at least mentioned how stunningly handsome I am. :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Quote from: sofadoc on June 21, 2011, 05:59:16 am
Quote from: Mojo on June 21, 2011, 05:46:31 am

Damn! And just think, I could've went to glowingrecommendations.com and saved TEN BUCKS!!
You'd think that for 20 bucks, you could've at least mentioned how stunningly handsome I am. :D

I could only do so much lying for one day brother. :)

Chris