Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 06:19:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bayliner capri 1988

Started by Grebo, April 28, 2011, 04:44:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Cool
I usedto make
alot
of thoose covers the cockpit cover over the window where it's  not a curved window I did them with 6 dartsover the window 2 at the point of the front center opening glass 2 at the corners of the shield and 2 at the point on the side where it's kinda goese from flatins to more angled your gona need a dart there also.
Me I used gypsy snaps onthe bow a d overlaps the two to prevent water though you need a fewocki g fastner o. Tbe bow as it will want to unsnapped witht e  cockpit snaped to it.

Grebo

Sorry Guys forgot to report back  :-[

OK, I took all the advise.    And did my own thing  :P

As it has a ski pole, I thought it was a bit daft to give them another pole to loose.
The boat is now being left afloat & exited from the rear. I did a test run putting it all on front to back & it seems ok. Time will tell if the ski pole makes a good enough run off angle.
I though I would be clever & make the sides separate  :-X should have done the one piece idea I think, oh well good practice for the next one  ;D

Gypsies on the front between the two covers & front cover snapped on the back of the centre screen ( bases already there) Used all the old pop bases, replaced a few & added one or two here & there. Two short straps inboard by the engine for adjustable tension.

Skirt around the o/board well looks cool. Nice touch.

Suzi

Mojo

Looks great Suzi. Clever idea on the ski pole. :)

Chris

Mike8560

Is that a antenna laying sideways a Ross the bow suzi?
Looks good have you e er done a overlap at the vow like that.  The bow cover can pull the cockpit cover snap offi put a few locking snaps also to hold it. 
What the hecp is that webbing running from the ski pole to the lower unit for he can't be using it to hold the motor up the leverage would be no good to do that

Peppy

Ah Suzy, thats terrible. That beautiful canvas work is going to keep that Bayliner from an early grave. Where it belongs.
kiss!kiss! Mike8560
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

hey hey
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/BLue%20Dolphin%201/stumppassanchorage013.jpg
not all were bad peppy

Grebo

Quote from: Peppy on June 20, 2011, 07:24:43 pm
Ah Suzy, thats terrible. That beautiful canvas work is going to keep that Bayliner from an early grave. Where it belongs.
kiss!kiss! Mike8560

Couldn't agree more, common name for them in the UK ( south coast Richard) is bin liners.  :D It's been resurrected once already. Sat in a garden for years uncovered, the floor is rotten & the seats are evil. " but it's just for fishing ! "

Mike it's the guys first boat, he has a lot to learn. Yes it has two antennas, no idea what for.

Suzi

Mike8560

Those uea models used to have the cheesiest weak windshield frames.   Lean on it and it would wiggle a d they had stupid plastic clips o. The frame for the top and windows
and xmass folded
upholstery