Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 04:59:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

subcontractor - what do you think?

Started by gene, June 15, 2011, 06:20:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

It is true that we don't have enough info to rule on this in a court of law. But for the purposes of this discussion board, I choose to accept Gene's version as accurate.
Probably though, somewhere right now, that lady is telling HER side of the story on a discussion board, or some social network. And in HER version, it's Gene that's the evil villian.
I've had a few jobs over the years that didn't go as planned. I didn't LOSE money, I just didn't make the profit that I expected. I ended up just working for a meager wage.
The ONLY way that I would ever pay someone an hourly rate, is if they can tell me in advance just how many hours it will take them. OR if I can stand over them while they work. I'm not paying someone by the hour to sip coffee, and text somebody.
This is probably why I'll never grow my business to the point of taking on employees. I'd just end  up in prison for killing them ;D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban