Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 04:27:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

eh whats your motto mate

Started by needles eye, June 17, 2011, 08:54:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

needles eye

anyone know the motto of the USA?

needles eye

try e pluribus unum (late L.), one out of many

fragged8

which seems a bit odd to me as has the USA ever spoke Latin as
a first language ?

Rich

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

My folks were born, raised, and worked in Philadelphia their entire lives, and when they told an Aussie where they are from while on a bus tour of all places in California, he said, Oh, the city of brotherly love."

And they promplty asked, oh, so you know about our city, have you been there?  He said, no, but that's actually what the term Philadelphia means in Greek.  Greek words "philos" which means love, and "adelphos" which means brother.

My parents had no idea about this.  I love learing things about myself from people from other regions!

sofadoc

Our national motto is "In God We Trust"
We just can't say it in our schools. Wouldn't want to offend anyone.
"Freedom OF religion" has somehow evolved into "Freedom FROM religion"

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on June 17, 2011, 10:31:35 am
My folks were born, raised, and worked in Philadelphia their entire lives, and when they told an Aussie where they are from while on a bus tour of all places in California, he said, Oh, the city of brotherly love."

In Texas, we Cowboy fans refer to Philly as "The city of brotherly SHOVE" :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban