Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 07, 2024, 12:26:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

It's hot

Started by Mike8560, May 20, 2011, 11:20:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Not even summer and it's 93•. Look  I've got to put a awnig on mY pergola
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-118.jpg

fragged8

WOW mike you're gonna need a thermometer with a bigger scale.  :o

I bet it makes working really difficult ? do you work early mornings
and late afternoons on days like that.

Rich

Mojo

May 20, 2011, 07:30:26 pm #2 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:49:28 am by Mojo
I cannot speak for Mike or June but for me if I have outdoor work to do I am up at 5 am and outside working as soon as it is light out.

I was recording 115 degree days last summer regularly. That is in the direct sun. The temp in the shade was in the 90's and then you have the stinking humidity to deal with. It all makes you sweat like a pig. You have to drink a lot of water or you dehydrate quickly and get sick not to mention getting cramps in your legs.

It is no fun at all and is one of the reasons why I do not do marine work. I am not about to go crawling around on boats in the summer with the Florida sun baking me into a potato chip. :) This is why I have such a deep respect for Mike and June. They do this day in and day out.

I prefer my air conditioned shop. :)

Chris

Mike8560

I hear ya Chris.  I spend as little time as I can patterning then I'm in my shop ac making it. 
This last week though inhad somemguys. Building me a new dock.  They would show up about 10;30 at the heat of rhe day and leave about 3.  Some of  them were in the water though.
Me i just took a goof of day today too hot.

appage21

oh man, thats scorching! i hate the cold and would love to move back down south but thats just wayy too hot right there

Mojo

The road crews and some construction crews here in Florida only work at night when its cooler. They are building a complex near me and they have the area lit up with floodlights and work at night time.

You drive down the highways and see all these construction barrels and no workers. But at night the place is lit up and they are out there working.

I wonder if our customers would mind if we worked in the middle of the night.:)

Chris

Grebo

We have 28'C today.. 82.4 ? is that right.

Looks like summer has finally arrived. :(

Suzi