Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:16:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Grommets Again.. sorry ...

Started by Grebo, May 10, 2011, 07:55:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

I am sorry about this.
I am finally going to order the bits to make the osborne W1 button machine into my grommet press & there is a query whether or not osborne do the bits for spur grommets, they do, do them for the plain one's.
If it's a no, what do you think. Go for the plain grommets & use the machine I have making it dual purpose ( I don't do a lot of buttons). Or get another machine/press just for the spur grommets.  :'(

Suzi

Allan

Suzi

I use Stainless Steel spur and plain grommets and use the same set of dies for both

Allan

Mike8560

I'd only use stainless spur grometts  my button press I don't think would have. The sa
e leverage as my gro
ett press dose it just the way it's make kind of tall the gro
ett press Is lo GDR a d more length for the arm stroke. 

Peppy

I think you should buy this one!

It's a spare-zie from the shop. I'm trying to find a home for it. I'm sure it would love Spain. Probably'd cost as much to ship as it would for a plane ticket. Hey, now there's a thought!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Grebo

May 10, 2011, 11:48:33 pm #4 Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:51:59 pm by Grebo
Quote from: Peppy on May 10, 2011, 06:23:28 pm
I think you should buy this one!

It's a spare-zie from the shop. I'm trying to find a home for it. I'm sure it would love Spain. Probably cost as much to ship as it would for a plane ticket. Hey, now there's a thought!

Well if you will hand deliver  :P .   And where would I get the grommets from ?

That sounds promising then Allan, waiting for their reply.

One reason I stick to brass Mike, they take enough setting  ??? . Well if I have no joy with osborne I might consider converting to SS.

Suzi

Grebo

Its ok they have the bits I need,   Goody.. ;D

Suzi