Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:46:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

"New" product for cushion listing pulls

Started by JuneC, March 08, 2012, 07:35:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

At least it's new to me.  Found a non-woven product inside some cushions I've never seen before.  Really kool stuff.  It has multicolored threads 1/4" apart all along one edge.  It ensures your pulls are all the same depth when stapling - just follow the color.  Any idea who carries it?  I'll post a pic at the end of today. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I think I saw rolls of listing material on mismis website didn't have a good pic I wonder if this is the stuff

rustyeod

some of that would have come in handy today

JuneC

I found this to be especially helpful where the curve of the piece prevented me from seeing just how the listing was pulled on those Chaparral seats where I replaced the top parts.  BTW, the seats look great with just the top panels replaced. 

What impressed me with this stuff is that staples don't cut it, it doesn't stretch or rot, and it makes listings "idiot proof".  Just follow the chosen color.  Now if you're color blind...   :-\

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

That's pretty cool! I've tried using plaids or stripes as listings but the problems been its always flimsy material. I like samson/herculite. It's so strong it pulls your seam level for you. If it had lines in it then it'd be perfect!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠