Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:46:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sew foam

Started by JuneC, January 13, 2012, 03:37:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Just checked; the guy I bought it from is foam4less, but now he doesn't have any items for sale. But I think it may be cheaper to find a roll marketed for packaging. It's the same stuff.

bobbin

Beautiful work, Mike!

I've never been given the latitude to use sewfoam on vinyl cushions, but I see the benefit!  It can be frustrating to have to reuse foam and not see that nice, plump, filled out look after the skins are stuffed.  No wonder your work is always so beautiful, June. 

Mike

CreativeCanvas

Ya lookin good Mike. Old Checkmate?

We get the grey sew foam w/backing from Action in Sarasota. Check out my Creative Canvas facebook page to see pics of an interior Beth did for a 28' Skater tunnel hull. Boat was a hideous yellow, vinyl was shot. Wasn't my job but had reservations about the purple & white scheme. Came out awesome. Cept the guys rushed the rear seat install & got a lil off center. (This was fixed later.)

JuneC

Ok, got some reasonable pics. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

I like that grey stuff. We got some at an auction a bit ago. It's a nice relief from the normal 1/2-1/4" stuff we get, which seams to only be getting chintzier.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

pilerm1

I've found this place good for scrim foam