Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:22:58 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Here's one for you.

Started by 206RB, September 05, 2010, 09:39:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

206RB

September 05, 2010, 09:39:35 am Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 07:09:07 am by 206RB
A very good  customer is having us do the trim on a 50's GM convertible. (He comes up with some off the wall ideas sometimes, and we accommodate them).
So, you know how the cars have a fold down center armrest in the middle of the front seat?
Well, this character wants a hidden glove box in it. And like a fool, I tell him "Oh, that WOULD be cool."
So he shat upon my idea of building something custom, and comes in with a rear center armrest from a 05 BMW something or other, ad I'm supposed to make it work. At first I wanted to quit my job right there, but then I started thinking.  (always a dangerous situation).
Pics on Tuesday.

Rich

Back in the 80's, American Express was a client of mine and whenever they got a new Lincoln Town Car, they would bring in the armrests to have a compartment built into it to conceal their car phones (of course, this was before cell phones). I love that type of work, ship the armrest and some fabric to me, I'll do it.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

206RB

Well, I didn't say which Tuesday,

mike802

Looks real nice, you did a great job.

I once had a guy, who I had never seen before and he really didn't fit in with the normal looking guys around here and had a funny accent, asked me to sew hidden compartments into the upholstery in his car.  I declined.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Rich

From the sound of your first post, I thought you were dreading the thought of doing it, but it looks like you've done a great job!
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!