Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:25 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Auto Business seems to be getting stronger!

Started by baileyuph, February 08, 2020, 05:49:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

The last few weeks, the strongest part of my business has been seats in these
big expensive trucks.  I suppose that is in correlation with their prices.  Some of them are pushing
well over 50K in price.  Most of my work is with big business who operate many of them.  One
client told me their company had well over a hundred!

But, they use these things and "foam repair" is a major factor associated with this type of
business. 

These activities do use them and the seats show it.  The work does require duplicating originality
- my experience.

Doyle

SteveA

I drove a truck after HS - several guys drove for the company who were over 300 lbs.  They tore up the seats and I had to put a folded up blanket under my butt to see the top of the dash board -
Bad streets and hitting bumps added to the wear and tear on those seats - the fun old days :(
SA

Ken

Do you think quality of foam has changed?

I have two truck the exact same brand and the 2019 seat foam is as hard as a rock vs my 2007.

kodydog

February 17, 2020, 07:11:13 am #3 Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:13:55 am by kodydog
I'm not a car guy so I can't say I know what your talking about. But if its like furniture, the manufactures are always figuring out cheaper and cheaper ways to build furniture. This is most evident in the cushion support system. Springs are becoming less common. They compensate by adding thicker foam. In furniture the foam quality is much cheaper compared to furniture made 20 years ago. But as far as what I order from my supplier I can't see much difference.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Ken

When it gets cold there is a distinct difference, the new truck foam gets very stiff.

MinUph

Ken when foam gets firmer when it cold I would think it has some memory foam in it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website