Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:25:39 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Two Pieces For Resale

Started by kodydog, January 14, 2020, 10:09:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

The drum table belonged to Rose's Aunt. One leg was broken and another was cracked with a very bad repair. I fixed them as best I could and refinished the top

The chair was bought at an estate sale and we recovered it. Funny story, there were two chairs. The little old lady had owned an antique store here in High Springs. This chair we bought for $35. The other matching chair was amateurishly reupholstered and she was sure it was worth $150. We offered to buy both for $70. I hated to break up the pair but she wouldn't come down on her price. We also bought two matching, vintage and fully upholstered slipper chairs with dressmaker skirts. $35 each. That was two years ago. I'll bet she still has that other chair. 

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

You could pass down the drum table - hold on to it !   It is dated but the quality is there - the chair will sell quickly
SA

kodydog

We were given the table 20 years ago and its been in storage the whole time. We have no nieces or nephews on Roses side. Her aunt had a daughter with two boys. No one is interested. Rose decided its time to sell it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

From what I see in the market around here, the chair with geometric pattern probably would
sell. 

The interest of that still seems to be running strong.  Just yesterday I noted a certain office of a business
had a considerable interest in geometric patterns - the colors were up to date also.

Doyle