Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pay Pal

Started by kodydog, September 01, 2019, 06:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Got a notice today in my e-mail,

"We noticed some unusual activity on your account and are concerned about potential unauthorized access. We need your help resolving this issue. and for your safety, we have temporarily limited what you can do with your account until you take action."

They provided a link to log into my account.

Problem is I don't have Pay Pal or an account with them.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

Scammers are really changing their ways in the last year or so. Be careful what you do. Odd they are using the US mail now but not unbelievable. It is big business.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Do you remember the movie "Catch Me If You Can" with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks? The man who that movie was made about is Frank Abagnale. Abagnale has a wonder talk on youtube where he talks about his life and how he has worked for the FBI in their fraud division for the last 40 years. He says the one thing that has surprised him the most in his life is that there are governments today who are actively hacking companies, banks, and individuals to extort and steal money, all over the world.

I have done work for a man who is wealthy. We were talking about this topic and he said you will get ripped off by people in your life. All you can do is make sure it is small stuff, a small amount of money, that they steal.

I received a foot stool from a company in California. No paperwork. I got a call from that company asking if I received the footstool. I asked for my P.O. number. They said they were only calling to confirm that I did receive the footstool. I asked for my P.O. number. They said they just wanted to verify that the footstool had been delivered. I again asked for my P.O. number. I forget how many times I asked for my P.O. number before they hung up. I never heard from them again.

Be careful out there.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

So they send you an foot stool you did not order. They call and if they can get you to say yes, that's the gotcha moment. I guess they then send an invoice. I wonder what happens if you do not pay? Credit gets dinged? Dave Ramsey says pay everything with cash and don't worry about your credit score. He says his hasn't used credit in years and his score is 0. 

SteveA

I didn't know Dave Ramsey was in the cosa nostra ?

SA

kodydog

He's the God Father. You need a loan? I know dis guy.