Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:40:40 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Supply room

Started by 65Buick, May 05, 2017, 04:48:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

65Buick

What does everyone do with the smaller supplies on rolls - like tying twine, ply-grip, thread, etc.

I was thinking to mount them on a dowel to make it easy and organized.

MinUph

I have my button twine on a string hanging so I can pull off what I need easily. Spring twine is hard to hang unless you get a big reel. I use to buy ruby in a 50 lb reel but not any more. Not enough pieces get resprung anymore. Most other small stuff I have on a shelf next to the work areas.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

This is my favorite way to store pli-grip. A wide strip of Velcro on a piece of panel board to keep the Pli-grip from exploding when you open it and getting all tangled up. I have heavy pli-grip on one side, and lightweight on the other. And a pair of old scissors for cutting it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

A very effective way to store pli-grip Dennis.  You have both heavy and light weight.  Is the heavy weight used when the fabric and tension  (large panel coverage) is involved?

I was just wondering what drives the use of the heavier?

Anyway good organization!

Doyle

sofadoc

Quote from: DB on May 06, 2017, 06:58:13 pm
I was just wondering what drives the use of the heavier?
Mainly use the lightweight pli-grip on thin fabrics, heavy on everything else.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

My rolls of ply grip come with 3 twist ties around each roll. I take two off and use only one twist tie around each roll, and hang them from a shelf bracket I have attached to the wall. This keeps them from unraveling.

I like having an old pair of scissors with the roll. I usually spend a few minutes looking for where I put them.

Other rolls of stuff I have on a shelf. I use masking tape on some to keep the ends from unraveling.

I put lines of hot melt glue across both sides of my rolls of chip strip, aka, cardboard tack strip, to keep the roll from falling apart.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!